Welcomes members into the branch and provides professional service and sales of deposit products, loan products, and convenient services through effective rapport building skills and proficient knowledge. Responsible for attaining established Credit Union and Branch goals through active participation in sales programs. Accurately and efficiently interpret process a wide variety of financial inquiries, account openings, loan originations, loan closings, loan disbursements, service requests, and transactions. Secures credit union assets, balances transactions, and completes necessary reports.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly, helpful service that builds member relationships through:
- Preparing for daily interactions with a professional image and an organized workstation.
- Maintaining knowledge of TruStone products and processes.
- Taking responsibility for waiting members.
- Proactively greeting members with a smile, introductions, and full attention.
- Understanding the member’s objectives by asking appropriate questions and listening to the member’s responses.
- Engaging with members: begin a conversation, build report, and ask about their personal finances.
- Recommending the best solution to strengthen the member’s financial well-being or guiding the member to the appropriate staff to fulfill their needs.
- Interpreting and processing member requests and transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Skillfully researching and resolving errors and disputes for members.
- Following up with the member to ensure satisfaction.
- Build new relationships outside of the branch through effective business development and sales techniques.
- Sell and open personal and business deposit accounts, including but not limited to IRA’s, HSA’s, Trusts, Estates, and convenient services following established standards and procedures.
- Originate and close personal loan accounts following underwriting decisions and established standards and procedures.
- Explain all features, benefits, and fees of the account or service with transparency and expert knowledge. Teaches members to use the account or service to improve their financial well-being and provides any ongoing correspondence. Accurately and efficiently prepare documents.
- Fulfill member service requests including account maintenance, research, reconciliation, and correction.
- Secure the credit union’s assets by handling cash, negotiable instruments, wire transfers, and certificates of title in a consistent manner, properly identifying members, keeping member information confidential, balancing at the end of each business day, and completing necessary reports that summarize daily activities.
- Take responsibility for referring loans for underwriting to appropriate staff.
- Recognize member needs for advanced products such as business, in depth IRA, investment, and mortgage products and seamlessly refers members to appropriate staff.
- Demonstrate a work style that is consistent with TruStone’s values and takes personal responsibility for own learning and development to support those values and the branch’s success.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the credit unions products and processes and adheres to all regulations, policies, procedures, and standards that pertain to this position.
- Cross sell the Credit Union’s products and services. Promote business for the Credit Union by maintaining good member relations and referring members to appropriate staff for new services.
- Achieve or exceed individual and branch monthly sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
- Promote a positive image of TruStone with all members. Appropriately escalate member issues to supervisor.
- Required to meet TruStone’s Customer Service Profile (CSP) performance standards.
- Responsible for regular and reliable attendance at the workplace.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including floating to other branches and filling in as a Teller/Lead Teller.
Major Skills and Competencies
- Must possess highly-developed interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to help people.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess good judgment.
- Ability to perform calculations and possess proficiency in basic math skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and maintain accurate records.
- Projects a professional image.
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Ability to communicate with a diverse membership and employee group.
- Ability to accomplish the described responsibilities through the use of computers and technology.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a changing, challenging, and fast paced work environment with variable stress levels.
Typically located in a comfortable, quiet indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- An Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field, or two years of equivalent work experience.
- Two years of cash handling experience or experience serving and interacting with customers.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment screening.
- Must meet SAFE ACT registration requirements.
- Experience recommending products and plans to improve a customer’s financial position.
- Knowledge of banking and/or credit union regulations.
Join the “Best Credit Unions to Work For” as named by the Credit Union Journal THREE years in a row!
TruStone Financial Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V