Rice Pudding—from Gina at TruStone Home Mortgage
This rice pudding dessert is delicious served warm or cold. See below for Gina’s family tradition!
- 1 quart Half & Half
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup long grain white rice, dry
- ½ stick butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Cinnamon, to taste
- ½ to ¾ cup raisins (optional—see below)
- Mix the first six ingredients together in a 5-quart dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring frequently for 40 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Add raisins (if desired) and remove from heat.
- Beat both eggs with enough water to make 1 cup. Add to the rice mixture and beat quickly with spoon. Add vanilla.
- Return to stove and bring to a boil.
To be served warm: Top with cinnamon and set in oven on low heat until pudding sets. Add milk to serving if desired.
To be served cold: Top with cinnamon and refrigerate.
Gina’s family tradition: On special occasions, ONE raisin is added to the rice mixture. Whoever gets the raisin in their serving gets a special holiday wish/gift/treat!