White Cheddar Baked Corn—from Matt in Facilities
This gooey, rich, cheesy corn dish makes an excellent side for a Thanksgiving feast!
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ears sweet corn, kernels removed
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk (preferably whole)
- 3/4 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, cut into cubes, softened
- 2 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn, garlic, chives, and thyme, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, then add flour. Stir constantly for 30 seconds, then pour in the milk.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, then stir in cream cheese, 2 cups white cheddar, and Parmesan. Top corn with remaining ½ cup white cheddar. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until corn is bubbly and cheese is melty, about 20 minutes. Or, if you don’t have a skillet you can put in the oven, pour the corn mixture into a lightly greased pan and top with cheese before baking.
- Garnish with more chives and Parmesan before serving.