Brussels Sprouts with Bacon—from Molly at Maple Grove
Bacon is the star of this delicious Brussels sprouts dish, which feeds 4-6 people… or 2-3, if your family loves them as much as Molly’s does!
- 1 lb. bacon (any flavor), chopped
- 4-6 cups Brussels sprouts (halved or quartered–depending on size)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1-1 ½ cups apple cider
- In a large sauté pan, cook chopped bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pan, keeping drippings in pan. You may need to add a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place cut Brussels sprouts in pan with the bacon drippings. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook until Brussels sprouts are browned and slightly crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of apple cider. Cover and cook until Brussels sprouts are tender and liquid is gone. You may need to add more to cook Brussels sprouts until tender.
- Mix in cooked bacon. Serve.