Security questions play a significant role in keeping your personal accounts protected online. Using these questions in the right way can enhance your privacy even more.
These simple suggestions will help you stay up-to-date on how to keep your personal information locked down.
- Steer away from answering security questions with obvious answers, or answers that could be learned through a quick internet search. Avoid anything that is public knowledge such as birthdays, hometowns or job location.
- Provide more than a single word to the question. Use multiple words or a description.
- Pick questions that have the possibility of multiple answers.
- Make sure your answers are easy to remember, even several years from now.
- Answers to security questions should never relate to the actual password to the account.
- You can also use answers that are unrelated to the security question, but easy to remember.
For more articles on security tips, visit https://trustonefinancial.org/news/category/archives/security-tips/.