eStatements aren’t just a convenient way to track your banking activity, they have the ability to change the world. Save trees and increase your banking functionality by enrolling in eStatements with your neighborhood credit union.
Looking for more ways to go green? Consider these five easy solutions to continue on the path to a more sustainable world:
- Stop your junk mail. You’ve just enrolled in eStatements, so how about stopping all that junk mail once and for all? Think about how much paper would be saved if it was never delivered in the first place! Not sure how to do this? The Federal Trade Commission can help you opt-out of unsolicited mail in just a few simple steps.
- Utilize reusable bags. You know those free bags you get at business expos or county fairs? Keep them and bring them along on your next trip to the grocery store! Instead of using plastic or paper bags at the checkout, fill your reusable bags! Many stores even give out small discounts for shoppers who exercise more eco-friendly habits.
- Get active. Leave your car in the garage for a day or two and try out other modes of transportation like walking, taking a bus or riding your bike. With many towns now catering to other forms of transportation, driving isn’t always the most convenient way.
- Reduce waste. You’ve heard the phrase, “Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.” Do just that! Be conscious of what you throw in the trash and separate what you can. Keep paper products, plastics and cans aside for the recycling bin or try composting. With just a few simple steps, it’s amazing how much you can reduce your waste.
- Conserve. Conserve. Whether it’s water or electricity, be mindful of how much your using and why. Turn off the water when you’re brushing your teeth and shut off the lights when you’re the last to leave a room.
Editor’s Note: Segments of this article were taken directly from sustainablebabysteps.com and goodhousekeeping.com.
*Offer vaild 9/1/2015 – 10/31/2015. Only new eStatement enrollments are eligible. Those previously enrolled in eStatements do not qualify for the promotion. Please allow up to 30 days for funds to be deposited. Offer subject to change. Federally insured by NCUA.