PLYMOUTH, Minn. (June 11, 2019) The TruStone Financial Foundation recently awarded $13,000 in scholarships to ten high school seniors from Minnesota and Wisconsin. Eight students received a $1,000 scholarship, while the two students with the highest scores on their scholarship applications received $2,500. The applicants were scored on their academic merit, extracurricular activities, work experience and essay response regarding financial management.
“These ten students demonstrated not only academic rigor, strong work ethic and a dedication to community involvement, but a sense of financial responsibility, as well,” says Sam Stern, Chairman of the TruStone Financial Foundation. “We’re confident that they have bright futures, and we’re happy to help support them in this next stage of their lives.”
One of the $1,000 scholarship recipients, Sophia Nienaber, expressed her appreciation: ”My family has been banking at TruStone for three generations, so receiving this scholarship is such an honor. It will give me the opportunity to attend my dream school.” Nienaber will be attending Bethel University in the fall, where she plans to major in social work and minor in music.
Congratulations to all of the 2019 scholarship recipients:
- Mae Barnes – New Hope, MN |College of St. Scholastica
- Jocelyn Nyblom – Lakeville, MN | Bemidji State University
- Margaret Erpelding – Chanhassen, MN| University of St. Thomas
- Sophie Rewey – Edina, MN | University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Sophia Nienaber – Scandia, MN | Bethel University
- Olivia Alberts – Farmington, MN | University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- Erin O’Brien – South Haven, MN | University of Wisconsin – Stout
- Emma Cox – Roseville, MN | Creighton University
- Camryn Kratt – Cudahy, WI | Concordia University – Wisconsin
- Jared Jamel – South Milwaukee, WI | Gateway Technical College
To learn more about the TruStone Financial Foundation scholarship program and how you can donate to support financial education, visit TruStoneFoundation.org.
About the TruStone Financial Foundation
The TruStone Financial Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2009 by TruStone Financial Federal Credit Union. The TruStone Financial Foundation primarily supports financial education and programs through scholarships and outreach, while also engaging in general charitable giving in the communities served by the credit union. Learn more about the TruStone Financial Foundation at www.TruStoneFoundation.org.