Wisconsin Tax Prep Events

Get help on your taxes through AARP and VITA this spring at our neighborhood Green Bay Road branch in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

AARP Tax Prep
AARP volunteers can assist you every Tuesday during tax season through April 10 from 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM. Members must call 262.671.0848 to make an appointment!

What to Bring:
Bring Photo IDs for taxpayer and spouse and Social Security cards for taxpayers and all dependents. Bring previous year’s (2016) tax return, plus all income and expense documents pertaining to Tax Year 2017 such as Social Security statement, SSI records, wages, pensions, interest, dividends, broker statements, healthcare coverage, paid property tax bills, etc.

For Wisconsin Homestead Credit taxpayers must bring their 2017 property tax bill or Rent Certificate signed by their landlord. Maximum income from all sources must be less than $24,680 to be eligible for Homestead Credit. Bring proof of earned income if both you and spouse are under age 62 and not disabled.

Bring proof of disability (if under age 62)
• Statement from Veteran’s Administration certifying that claimant is receiving disability benefit due to 100% disability, or
• Document from Social Security Administration state date disability began, or
• Statement from physician stating beginning date of disability and whether disability is permanent or temporary

VITA Tax Prep
VITA tax prep events will be held on Thursday mornings from 9:30-Noon on March 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29. Members must schedule appointments in advance by calling 262.960.9178.

What to Bring:
• Valid Photo ID for yourself and spouse
• Social Security, ITIN Cards and birthdates for everyone on the return
• Last year’s Federal and State tax returns
• Wage and Earnings statements, W-2, 1099, 1099-R, W-2G, etc. or unemployment compensation (1099-G)
• Interest and dividend statements
• Proof of bank account and routing information
• Healthcare insurance 1095 A, B or C statement or exemption certificate

And, if you have:
• Childcare expenses – provider’s address and Social Security number or EIN
• 2017 Rent Certificate signed by landlord or property tax bill
• Mortgage statement
• All IRS or Wisconsin Department of Revenue Notices
• 1098T, college tuition and student loan interest and expenses
• Alimony if received