It all began with a few teachers and a dream. Back in 1939, eight Minneapolis teachers decided to take control of their own financial security. They formed the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers Credit Union.
Over the years the credit union has endured name changes, added field of memberships and expanded across the Midwest. Take a look at the timeline below to learn more about our storied history.
TruStone Financial’s mission is to provide simple and fairly priced financial tools that allow members to save, borrow and transact.
We do this by engaging, educating and supporting our members to ensure they have the means to make their lives better.
Read TruStone Financial’s official Mission, Vision and Value statements:
MissionOur mission is to provide simple and fairly priced financial tools that allow members to save, borrow and transact. We do this by engaging, educating and supporting our members to ensure they have the means to make their lives better.
• Convenient access to financial products and services through the internet, ATM, phone and full-service branches.
• Assistance by trained service professionals in matters of personal finance and rapport building.
• Resources that educate members and employees about how the financial system operates and how it can work for them.
• Compelling reasons to encourage people to save more of the money they earn.
VisionOur vision is to create a financial institution that people respect, admire, and want to associate with because of our attitude about money and our ability to simplify the banking process.
We are going to take a stand on matters of personal finance. We will encourage, promote, and celebrate the virtues of education, saving, and thrift. We aspire to an attitude about personal finance that is encouraging and contagious.
Our brand will be distinct and memorable because we know that the best financial institutions in the world – credit union or bank – are not successful because they confuse people or charge them hidden fees. They are successful simply because they encourage, inform, and facilitate.
- TEACH – We will support, educate and promote the virtues of education, saving and thrift for our members and employees to help in achieving a healthy financial well-being.
- RELATIONSHIP – We value our relationships with our members and strive to strengthen our rapport with every opportunity and contact.
- UNDERSTANDING – We are part of the community of our members and aim to understand individual needs in order to provide real solutions that help make our members’ financial lives stronger.
- SAVINGS – We will provide products and services that encourage our members to save more. We will help our members plan creative and new savings strategies with competitive rates to support their financial goals.
- TRANSPARENCY – We will be open and honest in explaining how the financial system works. Our products, services and fees will be straightforward. We will not rely on gimmicks to grow the business.