PLYMOUTH, Minn. (July 16, 2020) - The TruStone Financial Foundation recently awarded $15,000 in scholarships to 12 high school seniors from Minnesota and Wisconsin. Ten students received a $1,000 scholarship, while the two students with the highest scores on their scholarship applications received $2,500. The applicants were scored on their academic merit, extracurricular activities, work experience and an essay response regarding financial management.
“We are proud to have the opportunity to help these students and TruStone members pursue higher education,“ said Sam Stern, Chairman of the TruStone Financial Foundation. "They have demonstrated good work ethic and commitment to their academics and community involvement. Just as important, they show a strong sense of financial responsibility. We're confident in their ability to achieve their future goals."
One of the $2,500 scholarship recipients, Mackenzie O. of Rogers, Minn., expressed her appreciation for the scholarship: “Receiving this scholarship is such an honor and means the world to my family and me," she said. "Thank you so much to TruStone Financial for supporting high school seniors, especially during this tough year. I'm proud to be a member!" Mackenzie will be attending Saint Mary's, Notre Dame in the fall.
Congratulations to all of the 2021 scholarship recipients:
- Mackenzie O. - Rogers, MN | Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame
- Isabella D. – East Bethal, MN | University of MN-Duluth
- Taylor G. - West St. Paul, MN | Columbia University
- Ellie A. - Apple Valley, MN | College of St. Benedict
- Lauren W. - Renville, MN | Ridgewater College
- Annelise W. - Rosemount, MN | University of Notre Dame
- Eleanor M. - Minneapolis, MN | St. Olaf College
- Julia C. - Bloomington, MN | University of St. Thomas
- Cassandra N. - Lakeville, MN | Luther College
- Anna C. - Andover, Minnesota | University of WI - Eau Claire
- Chelsea H. - Brooklyn Park, MN | Itasca Community College
- Emma M. - Oak Creek, WI | University of WI - Madison
To learn more about the TruStone Financial Foundation scholarship program and how you can donate to support financial education, visit TruStoneFinancial.org/Foundation